Board of Trustees 2016-2017
- Terri-Ann Anderson, President
- Stephanie Dumas Urquhart, Vice President
- Roland Dube, Treasurer
- Jeanne Kell, Secretary
- Shawnna Farley
- Linda Firlotte Grindle
- Irv Hodgkin
- Demelza Ramirez
- Dorothy Wheatcraft
- Dotti Schaller, Clerk
The Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Maine was established as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization in 1976. Our mission is
- to preserve the vitality of the classic works of Gilbert and Sullivan by producing and promoting live musical theatre;
- to develop the skill and talent of people of all ages in our cast, crew, and orchestra; and
- to inspire, entertain and educate the community through concert performances.
With your generous support, we enjoy a tradition for more than 40 years of
- full productions: sets, costumes, a full orchestra (24-30 pieces) and a full chorus (40-65 voices).
- off-season concerts: Gilbert & Sullivan a la Carte performs programs from a variety of operettas at libraries, nursing homes, churches, and other small venues
- scholarships: we sponsor a small number of young singers, covering the cost of voice lessons for a year
- education & outreach: we work with area schools, offering a 2-3 day workshop incorporating history, musicality, and theatrical training for young people ages 10 and older
Contact Us! — to join a production as a member of the cast, crew, or orchestra; to make a donation; or to join our mailing list! email@example.com
Our current bylaws (enacted October 2011, PDF).