The Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Maine was established as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization in 1976. Our mission is:
- to preserve the vitality of the classic works of Gilbert and Sullivan by producing and promoting live musical theater
- to develop the skill and talent of people of all ages in our cast, crew, and orchestra
- to inspire, entertain and educate the community through concert performances
Every year since our founding we have produced a full Gilbert & Sullivan opera with all the trimmings–singers, chorus, set, costumes, orchestra, programs–plus any number of smaller productions and educational events.
If you need to send us email, president [at] gilbertsullivanmaine.org should work for most any purpose.
If you need to send us old-fashioned snail mail, write to PO Box 1791, Ellsworth, Maine, 04605.
Board of Trustees 2019-2020
- Terri Anderson, Co-Vice President
- Jana Coffin
- Jon Coffin
- Roland Dube, Treasurer
- Judy Fraser, Secretary
- Linda Grindle
- Irv Hodgkin
- Jeannie Kell, President
- Tiffany Laufer
- Demelza Ramirez, Co-Vice President
- Dotti Schaller, Clerk
- Robert Taylor
Our current by-laws, as amended October, 2019